Tuesday, September 29, 2015

She is all of this mixed up and baked in a beautiful pie.

And it's not what I asked for.

Sometimes life just slips in through the back door

Carves out the person

And makes you believe it's so true.

And now I've got you.

And you're not what I asked for.

If I'm honest I know I would give it all back

For a chance to start over

And rewrite an ending or two

For the girl that I knew.



Who'll be reckless just enough

Who'll get hurt but

Who learns how to toughen up when she's bruised

And gets used by a man who can't love

And then she'll get stuck and be scared

Of the life that's inside her

Growing stronger each day

'Til it finally reminds her

To fight just a little

To bring back the fire in her eyes

That's been gone but it used to be mine.





No comments:

Post a Comment